The programme offers a 10-hour curriculum which
- focuses on computational thinking concepts including their application in the real world and in coding;
- incorporates elements of making and design prototyping through the use of microcontrollers; and
- reinforces students’ understanding through exposure to practical project work.
- Two programming tracks, namely, Block-based programming and Text-based programming, will be available under the programme.
IMDA and MOE HQ will fully fund the training cost of 1 lower secondary school cohort (i.e. either Secondary 1 or Secondary 2) per year. Participating secondary schools will also be fully funded for the required supporting microcontrollers and accessories, subject to terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the details provided in the Programme Booklet disseminated to all MOE Government & Government-Aided Secondary Schools.
- Please select your preferred course and contact the training partner (provided in the Programme Booklet) to confirm their availability to provide the required training on your scheduled training dates.
- Please submit your school’s application online via Forms.SG during the application period.
- IMDA and MOE HQ will review your school’s application and provide an approval notice to commence training.
- Schools can only commence training after receiving the written approval from IMDA and MOE HQ.
- Application for 2022 will open from 25 October 2021 to 7 January 2022.
- Please contact IMDA (using your school’s email account) to request for copies of the Programme Booklet and the link to the online application form.