National Youth Tech Championship (NYTC) 2023
About the competition
1. Who is the organiser of this new national competition?
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) is the organiser of this inaugural competition, together with Google for 2023.
2. What is the new competition about?
In this new format, teams will put their tech skills to the test and compete against other teams to solve different tech challenges each week.
3. What is different about this competition?
Teams will solve different tech challenges curated and designed by Google.
The challenges (which will only be announced on the competition day) will require teams to put their creativity, teamwork, and communication skills to the test.
To spark our youth’s interest and curiosity in tech, the competition will be part of an online series that will be published during the competition. A filming crew will accompany the teams throughout the competition to document their journey and sentiments. Details of the online series will be announced soon.
4. When is the duration of the competition?
The competition will take place from July to mid-August. *
*Important: Participants must be able to commit throughout the competition duration. Team(s) who is/are late or absent on the date of the competition will be considered to have withdrawn from the entire competition.
Eligibility and Formation of teams
5. Who can participate in this competition?
Only students from Infocomm and Media related CCAs at MOE Secondary schools, including Year 1 to 4 students from Integrated Programme schools can participate.
6. How many members can each team have?
Each school may register ONLY one team of five students. *
*Any substitution of team members after the registration period has to be requested for in writing to the Organiser at least 1 week in advanced. The Organiser should also be informed of any last-minute substitution on any of the competition day(s) (e.g. medical, personal emergencies, etc).
7. Are the students in each team required to be in the same level cohort (e.g. all Sec 2s)?
No. The team can consist of students across various level cohorts (e.g. a combination of Sec 1, 2 and 3 members)
8. Are students required to possess a certain level of tech competency or required to have prior competition experience?
No. The competition is open to all students, regardless of their level of technical competency or background. No prior coding experience is required and students will get to learn new skills as part of the competition process. Sec 1 students are welcome to join the competition as well.
9. When can I sign up for this competition?
Registration will open in May! Do stay tune to our website and registration mailer. Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis.
10. What are the prizes?
All participants will also receive a Certificate of Participation.
Terms of Participation
1. By participating in the competition, each school is deemed to have accepted and agreed to abide by the competition rules.
2. Each school shall be responsible to seek the necessary media consent for their students’ participation in the competition.
3. All finalists (schools who have advanced to the final stage) will be required to represent their school at the finals on 18 August 2023.
4. All mode of official communication will be through email with the competition secretariat (email@example.com)
5. The organiser reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
Please kindly contact us if you have further enquiries.
Please click here to download the competition FAQ.