The LEARN bootcamps aim to provide passionate Club members with opportunities to enrich their learning in tech and media through industry-backed holiday programmes. Club members will have a deeper appreciation of the topics and reinforce their learning through these programmes.
Google AppSheet Bootcamp (Pri)
The Google AppSheet Bootcamp introduces students to the world of app development. This fun and engaging program is designed to teach students the basics of app development using the Google AppSheet platform. With features like the drag-and-drop interface and automatic data syncing, AppSheet allows students to focus on the process of problem solving with design thinking skills and areas of app development like user interface and user experience.
As a final project, students will create their own custom app that they can use and share with friends and family.
When: 29 May to 31 May 2023, 9.00am to 5.00pm
Where: Google Asia Pacific, Singapore - 70 Pasir Panjang Rd, #03-71 Mapletree Business City II, Singapore 117371
Requirements: Chromebooks will be provided at the training venue. No laptop or tablet is required.
Sign up here
Microsoft Digital Making & Game Development Bootcamp (Pri)
The Microsoft Digital Making and Game Development Bootcamp lets primary school students create digital controllers using micro:bit and simple games within Microsoft Makecode Arcade and Microsoft Minecraft Education. Students will learn to code micro:bit processors, link with sensors and actuators, making automation solutions. In Minecraft Education, students will continue the coding practice, collaborate with peers and craft a project to address a real word problem. Makecode Arcade brings back 2D platformers, with students using block-based coding to create simple arcade games for their own entertainment or playing with friends!
Sign up here
Unity Game Development Bootcamp (Sec/JC) - FULLY SUBSCRIBED
The Unity Game Development bootcamp provides students the opportunity to work on a versatile game engine that many mobile games are built on. In this week-long bootcamp, students will learn to use the Unity game engine, acquire coding skills in C# for Unity and be equipped with game design fundamentals and philosophy. As a final project, students will customise their own game using the Unity platform.
- When: FULLY SUBSCRIBED
- Where: St. Patrick’s School, 490 E Coast Rd, Singapore 429058
- Requirements: Windows PCs will be provided at the training venue. Students with their own Windows PC or macOS devices who want to bring them along (iPads and Chromebooks are not supported) can do so; we’ll send installation instructions beforehand.
Meta Spark Bootcamp (Sec/JC)
The Meta Spark bootcamp is the perfect opportunity for students who are passionate about technology to explore the world of Augmented Reality (AR) and discover new ways of engaging with their environment. In this 24-hr bootcamp held across 4 days, students will learn how to use Meta Spark to create their own custom AR immersive experiences that can be shared on Meta and Instagram. As a final project, students will participate in a nation-wide AR competition by creating an AR effect to spread the message of a sustainable future, for a chance to win attractive prizes from Meta.
- When: 12 June to 15 June 2023, 9.30am – 5pm
- Where: Temasek Polytechnic, 21 Tampines Ave 1 Singapore 529757
- Requirements: Participants are required to bring their laptops/MacBooks with updated operating systems that can run Meta Spark (iPads and Chromebooks are not supported). For those who do not have their own laptops, we have a limited number of desktops available for use. We’ll send installation instructions beforehand.
Sign up here
Bernina Sew & Code Bootcamp (Pri)
The Sew & Code Bootcamp is a week-long holiday bootcamp designed for students aged 10 to 12 (P4-6). Students will get hands-on experience in design, coding, sewing, embroidery, and electronics with BERNINA machines.
Using TurtleStitch and Bernina app, students will learn coding principles through creating generative artwork and learn to use sewing and embroidery features of the Bernina machine. As a final project, students will integrate microcontrollers and sensors with e-textile to create a functioning e-textile product.
- When: 20 to 23 June 2023, 9am – 4pm (including breaks)
- Where: Bernina M38 #08-03, 38 Jalan Pemimpin, Singapore 577178
- Requirements: All materials and iPads will be provided at the bootcamp
Sign up here